Thank you very much to Fae for nominating me for this award! I urge you all to go and have a look at her delightful blog Fae’s Twist and Tango. Her recipes are mouth-watering and show a true love of food and life. Fae clearly knows her way around the kitchen, and her relaxed style would inspire anyone to cook! So please, go and have a look at this little gem of a blog!
Now for the rules:
1 Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you. 2 Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back. 3 Answer the 11 questions proposed by the person who nominated you. 4 Select 11 people for the award. 5 Pose 11 new questions to the new nominees.
1. What inspires you? More often than not, inspiration comes when I am confronted with an almost bare fridge and cupboard, and have to produce a meal in under 30 min. Talk about pressure…
2. What is your favorite dessert? Oooh, I cannot possibly narrow it down to just one! There is lemon tart, melt-in-the-middle chocolate pudding, profiteroles, sticky toffee pudding, Tarte Tatin… I could go on!
3. What is your favorite comedy? I always laugh at Friends. Always!
4. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a teacher by day, and a dancer by night (no, not this kind of dancer! a ballet dancer), and claimed I wouldn’t need any sleep. I didn’t become either, and I do (badly) need my sleep…
5. Why did you start a blog? I wondered whether anyone outside my immediate circle would enjoy my food…
6. What is your favorite part of blogging? Trading comments with other bloggers, coming across wonderful ideas, great writing and stunning photos from all over the world.
7. What would be the name of your ‘reality show’ to describe your life? “In the Kitchen with the Greedy Frog”
8. If your were to give a speech on any topic, what would it be? The correct use of ‘s and s. It drives me bonkers when people get it wrong.
9. If you changed your name, what would you change it to? Madonna. I bet I could get a table at any restaurant in the world at very short notice…
10. What is your dream career?
teacher dancer food writer
11. If money was no object, where would you live and why? I would buy my own little Greek island, and enjoy the food, wine, and sunshine…
And my 11 nominees are:
1. Thoughts of a Lunatic: The Lunatic is funny, engaging, intelligent, touching, but above all, unique. I list following her blog among the best things I have ever done.
2. 5 Kinds of Rice: A brilliant, inspiring, mouth-watering, non-recipe-based food blog. I long to be invited for dinner over there… (hint 😀 )
3. Happiness Stan Lives Here: This blog is a wonderful glimpse into the fun- and love-filled life of a true lover of food. Some seriously yummy recipes, and a killer sense of humour to boot; what’s not to love?
4. The Foraging Photographer: I am always fascinated by her pics, and I am not even into nature that much… Unmissable!
5. Palisadespete: Now, here is a blog that takes trivia to a whole new level. I absolutely love it!
6. Gas Station Gastronomy: A very original concept, and hilarious too! You just HAVE to go and read it!
7. Righter’s Kramp: Musings about life, family, the toughies life throws at you, and deep-fried candy bars…
8. Do Not Get Sick In The Sink, Please: The subtitle of this blog says: News and Sex. Mostly Sex. What it doesn’t say, is that it is very, very funny!
9. Mrs Fringe: I am hooked to this New Yorker’s writing; you will be too if you follow this link…
10. The Green Study: Here too you will find a truly talented writer; this blog is a real pleasure to follow!
11. Snotting Black: A very funny lady, who will make you laugh about pretty much anything.
As I am both too lazy and too tired to think up 11 new questions, I shall do my bit for the planet and recycle Fae’s questions…